A little 17 week old today bublet is tucked up, cosy inside my belly.
So super exciting to think this whole other person will be with us in 41/2 months time.
Anyway just that y'all n all would like to know.
But this is a beauty blog and isn't about to turn into a Mummy blog any day soon, so nappy road tests here peeps!
Back to preggie related beauty.
- Well hallelujah I can report no crazy acne attack which I was always convinced would happen but to date my skin has remained unchanged. Still combination with some congestion on t-zone.
- I'm extra careful about using natural products; shampoo, conditioner (O&M), shower gel (Dr Bronner) body lotions (Dr Organic ) fake tan (Eco Tan) and skincare (Comvita, Kora, Sodashi, Endota)
- I've stopped regularly painting my nails. Gone are my weekly paints and Ive gone all natural. The upside is your nails grow ridonkulously fast and strong and not wearing any polish has made them whiter and linker than I can remember. Plus when you do polish them you feel ultra- glam. This pic is a mere 3 weeks after having my nails trimmed and manicured super-short;
- I'm body oiling like a good thing (Bloom, Kora and an extra Nude tamanu one on the bump for good measure, no stretch marks as yet)
- I was greasing up my boobs with body oil too which sounds sort of erotic but quite the opposite, my cleavage and chest got quite congested and spotty so have culled that back
- I'm also paranoid about pregnancy pigmentation - I don't think I have any yet but hav been pulling out all the preventative measures, natural of course - ive been sharing the live between Laviol and Comvita and Rosehip Oil of course
- I'm a abstaining from caffeine including tea (boo) so have been hitting the herbal teas like a good thing and have had to include way more carbs and dairy than I was used to (cheese & milo wayhayyyyyyy!)
- Sleep involves seriously crazy dreams every single night and I do try to get early nights as I try to still get up early & exercise. I can't really run that well anymore so have taken to cardio on an exercise bike and a cross trainer and have upped the yoga to at least three a week. I intend to do this deep water weighted aqua aerobics class near me soon too - once my preggie swimsuit arrives from Next online!
- Plus I've taken a random aversion to my beloved Loving Earth raw cacao- ever since I was about 6 weeks! That would have been a good thing had I not replaced it with Whittakers chocolate. OMG this creamy NZ chocolate has been hiding under my nose this whole time - seriously yum!
- Still green juicing daily too - I credit my morning hit of ginger as the reason I've had zero morning sickness. Not once. Mega iron hit too, important right now.
- I'm still awaiting the preggy glow though. My hubby reckons Ive got it but I don't see it. That's why Becca invented her Shimmering Skin Perfector I suspect.
No that's not a blimp or a big red balloon that's a birds eye view of my bump! Soon to obstruct any view of my cons I may have, which is risky, I could end up in the street in slippers and all sorts because I will have no visibility of my trotters.
Also thank heavens for ASOS maternity, cheap, cheerful on trend maternity wear. Lycra has never excited e so much!
So that's me - the ever hungry, ever 'blooming' online shopping addicted mum to be!!
Have you any preggie pearls of wisdom to share with me ??